Saturday, January 26, 2019

St Dwynwen Finished


Took a few minutes this afternoon to go up to the Studio and cut loose the second colored proof of my new print, and bring it home.


No specific schedule yet, but I assume that sometime next week I'll be delivering my completed print, the entry form, and the entry fee to the show organizer.  Both proofs seem usable, and have been colored along the same plan, so the only real difference is the slightly different paper each is printed on.

Doesn't look exactly like any of the other saint prints, but it wasn't supposed to, so that's all right.  Every other saint print that I can remember shows a scene, adapted from an idea in the saint biography.  Sometimes elements are carefully arranged, but they are based on scenes that could exist, then or now.   Since we know almost nothing about the saint and her life (the symbol of the wooden spoon is a mystery to me), this one was pure design.  If you know the story, (and there is an artist statement to be displayed at the show) it all makes sense.  If you don't know the story, the palette is good, the shapes are good, and the overall composition and design are good, so I'll just have to hope that's enough.  Next week I'll be on another project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home