Wednesday, January 23, 2019

St Dwynwen part 16


Once again we avoided any snow in the last batch of storms, which was fine by me as I don't look forward to shoveling massive amounts of snow.  But we got everything else they had promised us- rain, extreme winds, and numbing cold.  Luckily there was enough time between the rain and cold that the water had time to drain off the roads, and those 40 mph winds dried everything quickly, so when the below zero weather happened, there was nothing on the roads to freeze up.  So a lot of shivering the past few days, but as long as I stayed inside, I survived just fine.

But today was a relatively nice day.  Sun made appearances, wind was gone, and temperatures in the 40's, which is normal for this time of year.  Not that I had time to play outside- school starts this week, and right now there is art to be made.  Last week I took a few minutes to stretch the other good proof of my new print, so that was ready to go today. Took care of some local errands, picked up a little lunch on the way, and got to the Studio around 1pm.  Again, pretty much deserted, but the Christmas decorations on the 1st floor have been put away since my last visit.  The basement is almost always deserted, so business as usual.  After chowing down, got to work.


When you already know what all the colors will be, and they've all been mixed already, the process goes quite quickly.  From start to finish, got it all done in a little over an hour.  Still have some questions about how and what I'll be showing at this thing, but all the art has been done.  The rest is just details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home