Sunday, July 14, 2019

Bird Tales are Over


Got a reminder this week that the Bird Tales exhibition at the Boatworks was coming to an end this week, with the pick up day to be Sunday.  An odd schedule, but I had time to get there.  So today I got up early, showered and shaved, got dressed and walked over to get my Sunday morning donuts, back home for a quick breakfast, then got my car and drove to Belmar.  The day was already too hot and would get worse.

Got to the Boatworks a little past 11:00 am.  The show was already taken down, as the next show was also arriving at the same time.   My bird piece, St Georgia, was handed to me, and I signed it out. The place was air conditioned, so I was in no hurry to get out.  I knew that the opening had been well attended (I was there), so I asked how the rest of the show had gone.  I was told that attendance was variable, but the beach season was causing at least several people per day to come by.



The next show is one with a theme of large size paintings.  As I was there, several people came by to drop off their works for the new show, all mentioning how excited they were to be part of a show that welcomed larger works, as most juried shows have size restrictions that keep large scale painting from being part of them.  I'm told that over 70 works were submitted, out of which about 25 were selected.  (the large size does limit the number of pieces that can be shown) I haven't painted in decades, and when I did I didn't work that large, so I won't be part of this next show.  But I do plan to go to the opening (if parking can be found, to easy on weekends in Belmar during the summer) to cover it for the Belmar blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home