Monday, April 04, 2022

A Very Busy Day

 


Early Sunday afternoon I sent an email to Nichole, a thorough update on the events of Saturday, the people involved, etc.  I didn't hear anything that day, which didn't surprise me, even though she said she'd try to figure out what was going on by then.  But as I write this, I still haven't heard from her, so I don't know if she took the day off, or if she is still trying to get answers from the parties involved.  But I don't sit still for long.

I have standard things I do on Mondays, so that went as usual.  Got home, made myself a quick lunch, and barely had time to sit down, when my parents got home from their day.  Not much time to rest, because my brother called, and said that he had time to go to my storage unit, and the weather was cooperating for the moment, and my mother was willing to go, so I was going to get my first look at the place ever.  I had no idea what was there, just that there was a lot I was looking for, and it wasn't in my Studio or my current residence, so I hoped it was there.  Had no idea how to find it, but I was willing to go and find out something.  (Two planned excursions to the place were planned for last week, and canceled when it was decided by others that it wouldn't happen.)  I hopped in the car with my mother and we drove up there, half expecting to find my brother already there.  He wasn't, but Mom had a key, so we could get in.  As I had been told, my old recliner was right by the door.  It looked even worse than I had been told, though I think a lot of the dirty dust came from the storage unit.  (I saw this because where a box had rested on the seat, the cloth was still a bright blue, not the brownish color of the exposed parts of the chair, and surely that part of the chair I had sat on for years would be as dirty as any part)  One of the bookcases was not behind it (as I was told), but right next to it.  I decided that it would be best to get some of kitchen stuff and the recliner outside temporarily, so I could get at the rest. So I did that, and got a look at some of the art stuff.  There was a lot there.  I pulled some things out, putting them in or by my mother's car, until by brother finally arrived with his large car, and whole family as well.  

One of the things I am hoping to get is access to all my drawing props, as I now have a drawing class going, and we won't be doing shoes every week.  (I can probably get through next week for both with what I have at home, but life will be easier beyond that if I have my old props) I left behind some props that I don't need right away (like a giant mallet and a vintage bowling ball), but it's good to know they will be available still.  Also left there some print group folios- things I will want, but don't need them right now.  Mostly what I brought home was packages of drawing pads, mostly figure stuff covering decades of drawing.  I'll go through that, keep the best, and dispose of the rest- I just can't keep everything I've done.  I have found some print paper, but not the Japanese stuff on this first trip.  I found a bag with some of my watercolor palettes with premixed combinations, and my trusty water can (as in the above photo), but not yet the wood case that holds the tubes.  One of these boxes had by good woodcut tools, which will be very helpful for the new Robert Johnson prints, if I ever get the required information from Tom as to dimensions and such.  I was surprised to find my missing pencil case, not that I need the teaching stuff right now, but it's good to know where it is. I saw boxes of books, and found a few of the things that were on the medium bookcase in my living room, so I hope this is a sign that the rest of that stuff is also in storage, but for now the books stayed there- no room at home yet.  The old recliner and kitchen stuff went back in the unit for now.

We are expecting a lot of rain the next few days, so I expect to be home sorting through everything I brought home today.  Maybe I'll find some other treasures in these boxes.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home