Monday, May 13, 2024

Terraplane Blues part 11

 I have found myself curious as to what this will look like printed, but a bunch of appointments late last week kept me out of the Studio.  No problem with that today, so I took advantage of the nice weather to get up to Ocean Grove.  I had no messages from the building saying that they were working more on the roof, and when I got there it seemed done and the parking lot was open, so I got a nice space to park in.  I had brought my Terraplane block, along with my rock/pop disc collection.  No one there, so I put on some music.  In this case it was my disc copy of Other Voices, Other Rooms by Nanci Griffith.  The long story of how this album ended up in my Studio set can be found on this blog in a post from December of 2021. As for why I decided to listen to it,  mostly because I remembered this album of duets/covers has one where the chorus talks about the Northern Lights ("Night Rider's Lament" with additional vocals by Don Edwards I believe), and that phenomenon has been in the news a lot lately since an unusual solar storm has resulted in the aurora borealis being unusually visible in our area this past weekend.  (unfortunately, this visibility was after 3 am and we had constant cloud cover every night)  Also brought a section of newspaper I saved from the recycling pile to use as a blotter for the block.

I had printing paper of the necessary size left over from last week's printing, so I didn't have to worry about that.  Got out the rest of my inking and cleaning tools and materials and got started.  From looking at the block I figured that it was properly cut, but I wouldn't know for sure what I had until I printed it.  And that I did.  This was a first proof, and I decided not to do the lettering (I know what that looks like) but it still told me enough.  In the near future I will pull another (and hopefully better) proof with the text, and have just a few minor things to clean up and fix, but the main mix of black, white, and gray seems to be what I want, so this may be close to done.  Results from today can be seen below:

Next time I will probably try to get a better proof of this block, but soon it will be time to work on something else, and I have a few ideas. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home