Friday, July 05, 2024

Studio Business

 I decided to go up to the Studio today.  Didn't really need to, but I did have to move my car, so I figured I may as well go there.  I also knew I'd need to go the store soon, and I can always find things to do when I get to Ocean Grove.  Brought the jazz/blues book with me today, and from this I selected my home burned copy of Gil Scott-Heron's The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, mostly because of a reaction video I recently saw on YouTube of some of the same songs.  I wrote about it back in September of 2021 if you want to know more.  Once again, no Molly, so I could listen to music.

What I wanted to do today was test out an idea I had for the next Robert Johnson piece.  In my plan for the piece, I see a lamp next to the bed, and this partly lights the figures in the piece. I won't have a bedside lamp there in my Studio, but I'm thinking a clamp light facing downward clamped to an easel I have should substitute nicely, and today I found that it did.  A photo of my experiment can be seen below:

I did look at my two drawn images there, but decided to make no changes today.  Both will be added to when I have the model in next week.  I took a few minutes to delete unneeded photos from my camera, then began the trip home.  Won't need the lamp or bulb until I use them there next week, so left those behind.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home