Saturday, December 22, 2007

A History of Art part 65




Big day at the Studio. Got to work around 3 pm. First I dealt with one of those remaining questions, the paper/drawing board on the easel in the figure class area (top photo). I had it as blank, but didn't know if I wanted it to stay that way. I decided to put a drawing on it. As it happens, I did two charcoal drawings of Amy in the chair from two different positions that day in 1995. The model in the chair is based on one, the drawing on paper to the right of it is based on the other. Drew it and cut it. Last thing to cut on the block was the self-portrait as a janitor (second photo). This is a reference to my Employee print and all it represents in my life.

And with that it seems I have finished cutting the A History of Art block. I may notice a thing or two when I ink it the first time, but I think it's done. I took a piece of newsprint and did a pencil rubbing of the top section. I matched it to a previously done bottom half rubbing and taped the two pieces together. The results are seen in the third photo. I like what I see, and look forward to getting some ink and printing a copy or two.

Meanwhile, Molly was also in the Studio, working on cards (for gifts, Christmas, etc). I had done a little Christmas decorating, creating a "Christmas Tree" by stringing colored lights on a couple of wooden easels (last photo). She continued working a little longer than I did, but we left together to hold our official print studio employee Christmas party at Vic's in Bradley Beach. Good beer, great pizza. Then down the street for some live music and another drink. I think we'll have a lot more employee holiday parties.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lasky said...

This print-in-progres is looking very impressive! But I'd expect nothing less coming from you.

Have a very merry Christmas, Paul!

9:30 AM  
Blogger arrabbiata said...

Thanks for the compliments Dave, on this and the mural. This is why you have to make NJ a stop on your next cross country trip, so you can see this stuff in person.

Fun Pak is in progress, I swear.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home