Thursday, January 17, 2008

4 Artists / 4 Mediums

Up early and down to my community college for the semi-annual pre-semester colloquium. When I got home in the afternoon I called Carolyn, the member of our four person show who took responsibility for the card. She had said she expected to have them available today and this was the case. She had me meet her at a bar in Neptune, where she was part of a birthday celebration. The card she designed is seen above. Since the four artists have nothing in common other than living in the area and being the winners of the show, we decided to make our diversity the theme of the exhibition. We all submitted images to Carolyn, who used her graphics skills to put it all together. That's paper construction, watercolor, woodcut, and photography. I'm pleased with the card except for one thing- my name is misspelled. Unfortunately, this happens too often when I don't do the cards myself.

As for the show, it opens at the Boatworks on Saturday, Feb 2, with a reception from 3 to 5 pm, and will remain on display through February 23, open to the public 12-4 pm on weekends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home