Friday, February 01, 2008

Setting Up

Up very early this morning to begin the process of setting up the 4 Artists / 4 Mediums show. We arrived to find the gallery space pretty much a mess- art still on the walls from the last show, paint cans, boxes, all kinds of junk, probably moved in when they painted the floor in the back room. So after we brought in our work, our first order of business was to move all that stuff to the back room again. Then we figured out how to divide up the space. Once that was settled we could begin the actual hanging. I had brought more than I needed, wanting to see the space I'd end up with before deciding exactly what to hang. What I ended up with was 3 supermarket prints hung in a vertical stack, a cluster of 4 from Ecclesiastes, a cluster of 6 saints (one of which I swapped out with another and reframed while I was there), and two larger pieces- my barbershop triptych and a collaborative piece I did with Linn Nelson in Carbondale. The clusters were hung on rack walls, which made it easy to line up the framed work in even grids, so I finished relatively quick. I'll be back at the gallery for tomorrow's reception, 3-5 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home