Saturday, August 09, 2008

Art In The Round Exhibition


From the Studio, I drove down to the Boatworks to join the reception for the Art in the Round exhibition. We had 31 entries, paintings intended to be used as tabletops for our little round cafe tables that we use for some BAC functions. At the reception today people voted for their favorite 12 paintings. The top 12 vote getters overall will be used for table surfaces- a 2 foot circle cut out of the square canvas and attached to the plywood round, then coated with some kind of resin, similar to what Molly uses for her tables. We had a huge crowd there for the vote, more than 60 people had filled out ballots when I left, and there was still about a half hour to go. Above I've posted a composite shot of a few walls, and a close up of some of my favorites. I spent most of my time there answering questions about the BAC blog; my demo a few night ago made quite an impression.

Update- The results are in. To see the 12 winning paintings, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home