Thursday, August 07, 2008

Blogging Lessons

Tonight I was called upon to share my expertise with a group of artists and other interested persons. Usually when this happens, I get out the tools and start cutting a block, but this time I grabbed a keyboard. Tonight the lesson was blogging. I started a blog for the Belmar Arts Council back in April, and while we are transitioning to a new main website, it's become the de facto online presence for current BAC news. The BAC blog has built interest in the process itself, so in the spot that we usually offer to artists, I was asked to demonstrate blogging. Thanks to the new digital projector, what I did on a laptop went up where the whole room could see it. I showed the crowd a variety of blogs (including this one), showed how the BAC blog was made, and then created an account and blog for someone in the room, using it to demonstrate the basic procedures involved. A handout I created over the past few days was distributed to help those who want to try it on their own, and I get the feeling that quite a few of them will.

(photos were taken of the event, and I'll add them after I get them)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home