Sunday, December 21, 2008

Boardwalk Wheel Game part 26


After considering the matter overnight, I felt unsure about the large area of black around the wheel. I didn't want to get rid of it (the image needs some black to anchor the deep space) but large unbroken shapes of black can be problematic as well. After a lot of thought, I decided that maybe I'd leave the black behind the left side shelves, but do something on the wall above the wheel. Maybe more of those diamond shapes that I used by the 25 cent sign. When I got to the Studio I drew in some large size versions of those in that space, but I didn't like it. Erased it, and came up with the idea for string of flags that would be more or less centered and run across most of the diptych, positioned so that they would be behind the jumbo hanging toys. Not only does it break up all that black, but the curve of the string and the triangle flags are echoes of the round wheel and the triangular wedges on its face. I cut it. It's ready to ink next time I'm there.
Before leaving the Studio, I also finished cutting the small block for my Christmas card. If I can find some suitable paper, I'll try printing up a few of those as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home