Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Boardwalk Wheel Game part 28



Decided to head up to the Studio on this day off from work. No precipitation when I left my house, but a few blocks later I hit a few sprinkles, and within a couple of miles I was in a fair imitation of a blizzard- gusty winds and so much snow being whipped around that visibility was only about 200 feet. It was mostly the kind of big fat flakes that tend to be short duration flurries, rather than accumulating snow, so I decided to continue up to the Studio. In just those few minutes we had a decent coating of snow on grass and tops of cars, but the roads remained clear. I figured if nothing else, I'd pick up some things to work on at home. So I started loading stuff into my car- watercolors, frames, etc. However, before I was done the snow lightened, so I decided to gamble that the roads would remain fine for the next few hours, and stayed to work. Once in a while I took a peek out my window to where the demolition was continuing (see top photo) to check on the snow, but as I expected it never turned into anything to worry about.
Meanwhile I put in a couple of hours printing two new proofs of the new block. This time I was successful in pulling one on the Rives Heavyweight (bottom photo right), and then a second on the Okawara (bottom photo left), giving me 3 quality proofs. I hung up the two new ones to dry, and brought last week's slightly blurred proof on Rives home to start experimenting with coloring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home