Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Assorted Print Stuff

I had to take care of some business at my university today, so I went in early this morning, leaving me many hours of time to fill before my class. Part of it was spent doing more preliminary work for the upcoming boardwalk tattoo print. Went online and did some sketches of some samples of Robert Ryan's artwork, both painting and tattoos. I also tried to do some research in the library, but I couldn't find any tattoo related books. In the afternoon I added some bits of the morning sketches to the large paper sketch I have in progress. Some of the additions are working better than others, so more changes are likely soon. I hope to have the main elements in place by the weekend.

The U.S. mail brought a prospectus for a juried show at the Printmaking Council, called "What Does It Mean to Be Human?" Comes with a long juror statement, explaining the philosophy behind it. The show will appear in two NJ locations, then go overseas. Kind of short notice, with images due in about a month, not enough time to create something new. And as usual, the requirements are works completed in the past 2 years and not shown there before. The only things I have that meet the rules and seem like they would meet the theme are the recent saint prints. No entry fee, so there's no risk to enter, so I may as well do it. However, it does bring to mind a past event. Several year back they put together a big juried show called Humanity. Don't remember exactly what I submitted, but I do remember that I was rejected from the show. What's worse, the piece that did win best in show was an image of a fish. Never did figure out what it had to do with humanity. Just can't predict these things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home