Friday, February 06, 2009

Back to the neighborhood tattoo shop



Off from work today, so I had made arrangements to meet with Robert Ryan at his tattoo shop. I was there last fall doing some sketches of him in action to use in a print for my new boardwalk themed series. That print is now next on my schedule. I have spent a bit of time over the past month looking at those location sketches, doing a little library research, and beginning to think about the composition of the new diptych. At the moment I'm at the rough scribble stage, nothing worth showing today, but I'm far enough along with the idea that I wanted to talk to Rob to get a little more background. Some of the imagery that I want to use will be adapted from his art, both his paintings (like those seen above in one of our Studio critiques) and his tattoo work. He was able to give me some information about that, as well as hook me up with some more reference material. I'll work on getting a more finished sketch on paper done over the weekend. When I post that I'll give the full story behind the print idea. Meanwhile, since I was just a short distance from the Studio and pointed in that direction anyway, I went up there and cut a piece of plywood to the size I'll need for the print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home