Saturday, June 13, 2009

Boardwalk Arcade part 3

Short visit to the Studio today. I framed a saint as a birthday gift for my brother. Walked to the gallery in Asbury that's been displaying my work to inquire about the end of the exhibition. (it comes down next week) But mostly I was working on the current block. The first thing I had drawn was the skeeball lanes, but the perspective on them (and the implied floor under them) just didn't go with all the machines drawn on the left side. Today I was trying to fix that while making as few changes as possible. I left the orthogonals (the lanes) almost the same, just changing the end points to meet a new horizontal (lane end). More extensive changes were made to the backs of the machines (the scoring rings), but those had not been fully drawn in yet, so less erasing was needed. I'm not sure that I'm done yet, but what I drew today works better. I'll fix any significant issues that I see in the future, but inserting some figures in front of the skeeball lanes (which I plan to do) may obscure any current flaws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home