Sunday, June 14, 2009

Boardwalk Arcade part 4


After some tasty treats at the 23rd annual Belmar Seafood Festival, I had a few hours to devote to the latest block. Most of that time was spent working on the skeeball lanes. After looking at it a bit, I decided that another change was needed- the size (width) of the individual lanes was diminishing a bit too much as the row went back into space. The other items in the image of equivalent distance don't do that, and I want there to be some consistency. I shifted the lane lines a little bit to the left along the row. The result is that there are now 6 lanes instead of 7. I think it works better. After that I made some needed adjustments to the "prizes" sign, and worked out some details with the shelves behind the redemption counter. Then I went to the bottom right corner, and drew in a man working a claw machine, based on a sketch done in an arcade a year or two ago. The drawing is fine, but I think the scale is off- it will probably need to be a little larger. I needed to have something down on the block to know that, so it's not all wasted time. The last thing I did was rough in the place where the air hockey table will go. The composition is starting to come together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home