Thursday, June 18, 2009

One More Chance

About a month ago, the Tri City Arts festival was held in Asbury Park, Long Branch, and Red Bank, and four of my prints were hung in an Asbury space called Heaven. At first I assumed the art would be on display for just the weekend (as happened last year), but then I was told that the owner wanted to keep the art up for about a month. No problem. I stopped by last weekend, and the owner told me that it would be coming down early in the week, so stop by a few days later to pick up my work. Rain was predicted for today, and not wanting to risk my pieces getting wet, I figured I'd wait until tomorrow. Rain was constant most of the day, but it pretty much ended in the afternoon, so I decided to drop by the place after work. Found street parking a couple of blocks away and carried my wrappings to the gallery/store. The shop owner told me that he decided to keep the art up another week, to take advantage of the Collide-A-Scope events this weekend. Collide-A-Scope is a monthly celebration of the arts in Asbury park, usually centered around Cookman Avenue, held rain or shine the 3rd Friday of every month from 7 to 10 pm. What this means is that everyone has four more days to see the four prints I have on display, seen above. Heaven is located at 721 Cookman Avenue, and is open Thursday to Sunday, 11-5, plus bonus hours this Friday. For more information about Collide-A-Scope, see the Arts Coalition of Asbury Park website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home