Monday, December 27, 2010

I Wouldn't Be Waiting By That Mailbox


My plans for this week included taking advantage of time off from all my jobs to get into the Studio. Not only do I want to finally get all my Christmas cards printed, but I'd like to get far enough on the next print to have something to show at next week's critique. Unfortunately, those plans look like they'll be delayed at least a few days. As predicted, a major snowstorm (according to the news, technically a category 3 hurricane, but with snow) slowly passed through the area starting yesterday morning, although those predictions were way off on the accumulations, for less than half what we ended up with. Woke up this morning to find everything on my street under at least 4 feet of snow, with some drifts over my head. Before noon I shoveled out my front steps (if I hadn't cleared the area in front of my door 6 times yesterday afternoon/evening I probably wouldn't have been able to open my door today), front walk, cut a trench across the lawn to my car (not easy shoveling snow above one's head), and dug out the car. But that's as far as it went today, because as I write this no plow has come anywhere near this neighborhood. And there's no guarantee about the roads between here and the Studio, or the building's parking lot. I've got plenty of things to keep my busy at home for the next few days, but anyone waiting to receive a card (as I told one midwestern friend on the phone tonight) will need to wait a little while longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home