Thursday, February 07, 2013

A Critique Change

Tonight something happened that hasn't happened for at least a few years- we held the critique on a different night of the week.  When we first started this over 5 years ago, we met on Wednesdays, but Molly had a schedule change that caused us to move it to Mondays.  But due to various conflicts, this week it was decided to move it to Thursday evening.  At least for this month- could be different in March.  Perhaps because of the change we had a smaller crowd than usual (not to mention that 3 of our longtime regulars will not be available on any day for quite a while), but we still had a lovely evening.  The change did throw me off a little, with one result being that I forget to grab my camera, so no photos from tonight.

We opened with Mary (from my woodcut class), who brought in a linoleum block in progress, an outdoor scene with come complex details.  (if she ends up taking my class again, I'll see her piece again before the next crit)  Katie brought a small painting on panel, with beautiful colors and only a little bit disturbing to some.  Tim had another large mixed media drawing, images with lots of words filling the negative spaces.  Adam had a piece built around a found object, while Vince showed us the results of a conceptual photo project begun last year.  Molly showed us a rubbing of a woodcut block in progress.  I still don't have anything to show, so I went with handing out postcards for my new show.     



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home