Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas in Production


Long ago my friends learned not to expect Christmas cards from me by Christmas, a product of actually making my cards from scratch and having a job that employs me with many hours right up to Christmas.  This year was no exception.  I got a prototype done in time for the day itself, then printed up the first batch a few days ago.  Approaching New Year's Day, I wanted to get those colored and begin the distributing soon.



I already had some watercolors at home, but in preparation for the cards I brought home my full watercolor case.  I can do the coloring in the Studio, but it is also something I can do at home, and with everything else going on around the holidays, it seemed more efficient to just finish the cards at home.  Started the process last night, then finished the first batch of 7 this afternoon as I watched the traditional Twilight Zone marathon and listened to holiday related music.  Then folded and cut the cards.  More will have to be made, perhaps next week.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home