Friday, June 02, 2017

St. Georgia part 5


Last night I found I had received an e-mail from one of my former co-workers, telling me of a plan to drop off work for the incoming Belmar show, but wondering if this would be able to happen.  Too late to find out anything on my own, so I decided the best thing would be to go to the Boatworks early the next morning in case I needed to meet them and let them in.  As it turned out, Rebecca had gone in early to meet them and was already there, and within 10 minutes the van showed up with a big entry for the new garden themed show, a few staff, and even a few clients in wheelchairs, if only because this would mean less coverage back at the center.  There were some van lift issues, and confusion about how to set up the piece, but it all got straightened out on a timely basis.  And I got to go have a nice lunch at home.



In the afternoon I went up to the Studio and finished the cutting of the new saint block.  Took about an hour, about what I had expected.  Cut out the feast day at the top, and widened the margins around the image.  Have about two weeks until the entry is due, so I'm well ahead of deadline.


Yesterday afternoon I had noticed by piece for the upcoming show was leaning up against a wall on the 1st floor.  Today that piece was hanging on the wall in the same area, so I guess that's where it will be.  When I had arrived today the hallway was dark, but as I was leaving the lights were on an I could get a photo.  I didn't remember there being a payphone there in the hallway, but this old building is full of antiques, so why not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home