Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Blood Draw part 9

 

Weather says that today is a sunny day, while yesterday and tomorrow were rainy days, so this seems like the day to go up to the Studio and get some work done.  Not that rain is a real issue, as my car does protect me from the weather and there's nothing I need to carry in today that would be wrecked by rain.  Still, a nicer day to drive.

Got up there in the late morning and got right to work.  For music I had brought with me my rock/pop book, and from this I selected the debut album from the Coral, which I have written about on this blog back in June, 2020.  A song was in my head.   My main goal today was to work on the current block, which is still in the drawing phase.  After looking at my photo of the last time, I decided to make the clock a little smaller, and move it more to the middle of the image, and away from the nurse's head.   This was partly to bring some more dark next to her hair, to give it something to make it stand out more.   So first I drew a new circle, put in some hands to represent the time, and that was all.  I filled in the rest of the background, varying the amount of blackness to make things stand out.  



I do like it better now than I did at the last step. However, I don't know if I'm done with the drawing yet.  I'll look at the photo a little more first, or maybe even the block itself. There's no deadline on this as of now, so I can afford to take my time and be completely satisfied before I cut anything.

I had one more thing I wanted to do today, and that was to clean up things on the Love In Vain block.  I may decide to print it again, before I exhibit it in the upcoming tenants show.  I think the proof I have is suitable, but it could be better.  Today was removing a few bits that picked up ink last time that I didn't want to.  Didn't take long, having completed my work on both blocks while the first disc was playing.


I had two more places to stop on the way home, so I decided to leave things there, clean up, and head home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home