Thursday, July 25, 2024

Interview Update

 Today I was forwarded another email from Steve Rogers (no, not that Steve Rogers), the producer who was supposed to interview people around the art building yesterday.  What he is saying is that he had a plan, but was surprised by how many artists were there and wanted to be interviewed.  I was not surprised as I saw a lot of tags on the hooks by the front door, far more than I've ever seen before.  And he doesn't like to rush things. As a result, he only got to interview 5 residents of the building.  (no one lives there- they have a rule about that, and the interior cameras with motion detectors were placed just for that reason, though only stray animals were found)  So he promises he will be back when his schedule allows it, until he interviews everyone who wants it.  No announcement of when that will be, so we are in the same position we were yesterday, everyone just has to hope it matches up with my availability. 

In the last email we were forwarded, he said he only wanted to hear from people if they didn't want to be interviewed.  This next time I may respond anyway, just to remind him that there are also artists in the basement.  I have no idea if he wants to talk to me or not, which up to him, but I do want him to know there are also people down there, some of whom are very active.  I still don't know if he knows.

No new work done today, just recovery from yesterday's very long day.  However I did spend some more time looking at photos of those same buildings depicted in this block.  I started drawing it over a decade ago, and there are times I just don't remember what these things in my drawing are, and I'd like to figure it out before I attempt to reproduce them on the block.  It helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home