Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Boardwalk Wheel Game part 32

Spent a few days considering what I had done so far and where to go from there, then went into the Studio this afternoon for a short time to put those ideas down on paper. I took the turquoise color and put it on the game attendant's blouse, setting up a rhythm with the other pieces of that color in the right side panel, as well as helping her separate from the background. I used some indigo on her skirt, the kid's hat, and the shirt on the boardwalk pedestrian. A wash of pale yellow went onto the kid's shorts, the prize conversion sign, and half the spaces on the wheel, where they alternated with the pale blue wash seen in the sky and other places. Both colors also now appear on the game space board, likely to be rearranged in the next proof. I added various color to the last few prizes. I considered a number of options for the color of the shelves. I tried one with an orange, but the rest were done with a pale deep red wash. A few other details were filled in, and that pretty much completes this first color test proof.

The final version won't look exactly like this. Some of the above colors will be a little paler in the next one, some will be darker, or more bold, or different shades. Now that I have a general idea what I'm doing, I can build it up the proper way, get something a little better balanced. But that will wait for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home