Friday, January 02, 2009

Late Night Frame Shop


In the evening I had the task of framing work to drop off at the upcoming Figure Art show at the Belmar Arts Council. Drop off is tomorrow, so that meant I had to get it done tonight. Since I also have to frame works to deliver to the Printmaking Council next week, I figured I'd get all the mat cutting done in one session. When I came home from the Studio today, I had brought with me two older prints that I had stored there. Those were matted and mounted, but the final assembly will have to wait until the plexiglass is ready. (should be tomorrow)
For the figure show I'll be providing charcoal drawings done during the BAC life drawing sessions, which I believe will be the first time I've exhibited drawings since the 80's. Although we were told we could just tack them to the wall, I'd rather frame mine. I was willing to do this because I had been given a bunch of large wood frames by my landlord at the Studio, perfect for this purpose. No glass, but each is matted and mounted, a much nicer presentation than push pins into the wall. I decided to show two drawings, the ones seen above. It may just be a coincidence, but of all the sessions I attended, these were the two models who I knew previously, having employed them multiple times in my college figure class. This was the first time I drew them, but I wonder if all the time I spent advising students on their drawings served as a kind of practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home