Thursday, February 12, 2009

Blowin' In The Wind


Nice sunny warm day (warm for February anyway), but with some serious winds- 60 mph gusts. Made driving around interesting, weaving around fallen branches and avoiding flying debris. The biggest challenge was after I stopped to buy a few pieces of lauan, to eventually be turned into small panels for my students to do their woodcut projects. The pieces were small, only 24" square, but still it proved to be a challenge to carry them through the parking lot to my car. The wind was swirling around in all directions, so sometimes I needed all my strength just to push against the wind, and sometimes I had to hold tight to keep them from being ripped out of my hands. I dropped them off at the Studio, to be cut into panels some time in the next couple of weeks. Meanwhile, the gradual destruction of the annex building that was once connected to the building has progressed to the point where only one section is left. I opened the window of my Studio a crack to see what was left and was immediately hit in the face with some heavy dust (or very tiny little gravel small enough to pass through the window screen). Very quickly closed that window and went around the building to take the above photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home