Sunday, February 22, 2009

Colorful Saints

Today's visit to the Studio was short but productive. I cut a 16" long piece off the 24"x48" board that I bought yesterday, marked out a section the size of the diptych for the next boardwalk print, and applied some woodfiller. Later I would sand it smooth and draw the panel borders for the two halves of the print. I expect to start drawing on the block later this week and I'll tell the whole story at that point.

In between the above I was coloring two previously finished, but recently printed saints. I worked on both simultaneously, going back and forth, giving parts time to dry. At the end of the day, I had another finished copy of the St Leonard of Vandoeuvre print that I plan to enter in an upcoming show. I also had a colored copy of the St Hunna print requested out in Iowa. These were two things that suddenly came up in recent weeks, but with these finished, I can go back to the piece I'd been working on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home