Saturday, June 20, 2009

Boardwalk Arcade part 5


After my stop in Asbury last Thursday, I stopped in the Studio just long enough to pick up the current block. That night I had two simultaneous meetings going on in Belmar at the Boatworks- a coordinators meeting, and the critique group that meets (for the moment) on 3rd Thursdays of the month. I bounced back and forth between the two groups, offering art advice in one room, contributing to the discussion on relevant topics in the other. I put my block on display for the small group. Didn't get much input this time, but at this early state I wasn't expecting any. It did give me a chance to retell the story behind it, and everyone seemed excited by it.

The block was still in my house today, and between an early Father's Day celebration and the heavy storms that came across NJ all day, I decided to just work on it at home. Got a bit done. I enlarged the claw machine (making it wider and taller) and the guy in front of it, making both a little more proportional to the pinball machines in the other corner. I then drew in the air hockey table, the last structural piece in the image. The rest will be figures and details (prizes, etc). Some of those figures were put in today- the pinball player and the foreground air hockey player. The other air hockey player will be a bit trickier- it waits for now. I put in a rough but fairly complete figure watching the pinball player. After that I roughly sketched in several other figures- people behind and around the prize counter, someone watching the air hockey game, a kid walking with a prize, and someone playing the video game. I expect to add at least 3 or 4 more, mostly in the skeeball area, but I need to find some references first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home