Monday, June 05, 2017

St Georgia part 6


The exhibition in Ocean Grove is up and we got a good crowd yesterday.  So now it's time to get back to the business of making art.



Entries for the bird themed show in Belmar are due in about a week and a half.  That is digital images for the entries are due, so the finished framed piece does not need to be ready.  But that means I still need to get a finished one ready to photograph.  Rain would keep me from mowing the lawn again today, so it seemed a good day to get going on this project.

The block was finished on Friday, and over the weekend I tracked down my ink supply and various tools.  This morning I grabbed some paper from my supply at home, plus everything else I would need.  In the early afternoon I drove up to the Studio.  Experiments from earlier this year showed me that water washable inks do sometimes redissolve and leak back into watercolor, despite claims to the contrary by the manufacturers, so I went with straight oil based ink today.  Above is the first proof from the new block, the best one from today.  The second proof shifted a little during printing (an occasional problem with the heavier paper I chose), so I'll use that one for working out the color choices.   Brought the proofs home to dry, in case I can't get back up there in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home