Monday, February 04, 2019

The Circus part 5


One advantage of blogs is that they do document everything in a format that can be easily reviewed.  I have been told that the blog I have kept on behalf of the Belmar Arts Council is the only comprehensive record of the organization over the past 10 years.  My teaching blogs are as useful to me as they are to the students, reminding me of what has been done, due dates, etc.  I had to go back through a few months of this blog to find the last time I worked on a piece that I am resuming work on today.

It was back in November that I last worked on my Circus Drive-In print.  The drawing was coming along, but I had to set it aside to meet deadlines on my annual Christmas card, and on my piece for the East Meets West show, and then to print and color my piece for the LOL: Humor show in Belmar, plus some student related projects.  But those other projects are all behind me now, so I enjoyed this sunny and not below zero weather to go to Ocean Grove, get an update on the upcoming print show and some Studio business, and to work on some new art.


Not that much to add to this one at this point.  I cleaned up the Circus sign and the ring of clowns around it, made some minor adjustments to the building, played with little bit of shading.  But I could probably start cutting it tomorrow, and perhaps I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home