Monday, July 15, 2019

Supermarket Fireworks part 2


Can't really start on the block drawing yet because I don't have the wood. What wood I did have went to my woodcut students the other day.  I can get more.  Meanwhile, today I could work out ideas on paper, as I have been doing.  Put on a disc I had burned of favorite songs from the Shazam's first four albums.  (at least I think they are- they are the first four my friend Doug sent me) Melodic power-pop out of Nashville (who'd have thought) including a cover of the least coverable Beatles song in their catalog- Revolution 9.  And they made it work.  They are that good.


Not much new here, but a better organized version of the sketches I have done to this point.  The two figures are still a bit crude, but better realized than earlier sketches.   Perspective is still way off as well, but I'll worry about that when I have some wood.  I think the ideas are good, and a mix of value will help it a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home