Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Christmas Card 2023 part 2

 The temperature took a nose dive last night, and there was a constant wind today, a combination that gave us a very chilly morning.  Luckily every place I had to be was enclosed, so after walking to and from my car, I'd be fine.  Stopped first at the supermarket, then onto the studio building in Ocean Grove.   As I was coming up Main I noticed a few cars in the back lot (south side), which usually means that there is no room to park in the front.  This concerned me a little, as I have keys and combinations for the front doors, but I have no idea if I can get in through the back door, and this was no day to be walking around the building.  When I reached the front parking lot, I saw it was quite full.  I had no idea why this many cars would be there on a Tuesday morning.  Still, I pulled in and found there was one space available, a handicapped space near the office.  Fortunate for me, I have a handicapped hang tag for my mirror, which allows me to occupy a handicapped parking space.  

Still, I went in through the main front door.  Tonight is the Tree lighting ceremony and a play, and this past weekend was the big holiday sale, so I was curious as to how the art on the walls fared.  There was a very big tree in the center of the first floor hallway, but not much on the walls, so all the art was still there, including my three pieces right where they were last time I was there.  I went down to my space, and realized I had left something in my car- my saber saw.  For that I cut through the office, and saw Jeanne, which gave me an excuse to ask about Saturday's big event.  She said it went well- lots of visitors.   She wasn't aware how the parking lot was filled up this morning.  (what I saw there on the first floor was a lot of people in the two big photo studios, so I guess they were doing something today, and there wasn't much carpooling)  

Put my saw together, got Molly's extension cord from the hallway, and cut off a small hunk from one of my smaller pieces of wood, as can be seen below:

This piece of wood will be used to make this year's Christmas card.  Drawing can happen at home, but this sawing step is best done there, since it creates a lot of saw dust, and the wood was up there anyway. But once that was done, I decided to clean up and get out of there. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home