Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Blood Draw part 14

 

Today is supposed to be the nice day of the week.  So after stopping off at my official polling place to vote, I headed to the Studio to get some work done.  However, first I stopped at the office to let them know some things I had noticed on my walk in, such as that the sign directing people to the office had fallen off the door and was resting on the ground.  Then on to work.

My plan for today was to finish my blood drawing nurse, and whatever else I got to.  I had brought with me a bag of tools, but realized once I got there, I had the student tools.  Not as good a my own, but they would get the job done.  Again, while I was mostly following my ink wash drawing, to some extent I was drawing with the tools.  Handled white, black, and a few different gray tones.  Did the head of the nurse and her other hand and what body was visible, then went on and did the rest of the upper arm and hand that the blood was being taken from.  That seemed like enough for today.  The specific area I was working on can be seen in the top image, and the whole block can be seen in the lower image.



For music I brought just a disc in its case, my selection of Billy Childish songs, mostly taken from a double disc compilation drawn from his first 50 albums (he's been busy, and that only took him through the early 90's) and some from an album he did with Thee Headcoats.  It was one of the discs I made for Texas, but never needed there.  Worked well for the Studio though, so that's where it is, except all those came home with me so I'd have something to enjoy now. You can read more details about the disc on this blog on December, 2019.  

The last major thing to deal with the the other arm, the one getting the IV at the bottom of the block.  After that is the clock (whatever I decide to do with that) and then all those dark background tones.  Then take a rubbing and see what I got.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home