Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Blood Draw part 12

Another day of working on the new block.  The next time I would normally go up to the Studio, I have a medical appointment that day, so today is the day to go.  Also as part of today's ride is stopping by the new location of my speech therapy.  It has long been my policy to do a dry run of any new location I need to go to, so I can find it easier on the day I have to go there, and get there on time.  But that would be after the Studio.  

The other thing I wanted to do today was sharpen a tool.  So I started by filling my aluminum tray with water, as sharpening stones need to soak before being used.  I had brought my good tools with me, but the narrow v-gouge needed work.  I noticed this last time, and planned to deal with it today.

So I found some suitable shapes on the stone and got one of those going.  And it did make a difference, because I knew I had to use that tool a bunch today. 

I didn't cut as much as I did the other day, but I got done all that I planned to do.  


I finished everything to the left of the IV line, except the area under the arm, but that was because I'm not sure if I want to cut all that or leave it black.  For now I will leave it alone and take a rubbing, see how the values balance out. For music I had brought my jazz/blues book, and from that selected a few home burned Miles Davis albums- Birth of the Cool, and Kind of Blue.  Two classics.  The second one appears on this blog back in June of 2023 and the first one I'm September of 2022.  I was there for about 90 minutes, then cleaned up and started by journey home.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home