Tuesday, October 10, 2023

3rd Annual Jersey Shore Arts Center Resident Art Show


Yesterday I did a bit of looking online and I found something interesting- something labeled postcard graphic for the 3rd Annual Show at the Jersey Shore Arts Center.  Found it attached to an email from show organizer Joe, and in my spam folder.  Hadn't thought to look there.  The email was from a week ago.  Unfortunately, it was part of my inbox for my current site email.  The problem is that I can't open that mail on my old computer, and that's the one that allows me to post to this blog.   My solution is to email it to myself and then open it on the old computer, save it there, and then post it to my blog.   Next problem, being in my spam folder, although I could send the graphic to an email on my old computer, that email also deduced it was spam and wouldn't let me use any image from that piece of mail.  It was the same as the image from the main website, but I had thought to use it, as it would have been cropped to its proper size.  

Today I decided to go the Studio, not to work, but to get answers to a lot of questions I had about this show, about to open in two days.   I hadn't heard if my artist statement was there and openable, or heard more about the food, or gotten any other graphics or cards.   Since I enter through the first floor, I started there.  My art still looked good on the wall.  And on the table near the door I found a small stack of post cards for the upcoming show.  The card front was exactly what was shown on the site and essentially what Joe had sent me.  However, I discovered it had a back, too.  It had one bit of other information- the show would be open on Fridays, from noon to 3 pm, which I assume means the doors will be open at that time and day.  Good to know.

I grabbed several cards and headed to my space in the basement.  After dropping things off, I went to the office and got another question answered- my artist statement.  Jeanne confirmed that she had seen it and was able to open it.   She said she planned to write me an email acknowledging this, but kind of forgot.  In any case, I would not need the hard copy I had brought with me today.  I also asked about food, since last I had heard they were counting on artists to bring stuff, and Jeanne had said she might assign specific items to various participants.  Today she said she had bought some items and decided that artists could supplement it with whatever they brought.  She promised to send the list of what she was providing today.   But as of 3 pm, I had received no email from Jeanne. If I haven't got anything from her by tomorrow morning, I may just go to the store and buy something.

Back in my Studio, I took a photo of a front and back of the card, which I have edited and posted above.   It has all the information that exists now.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home