Thursday, October 05, 2023

More Show Stuff

 Okay, so we have no postcards or other promotional materials yet, so last night I wondered if I could just take a photo of the onscreen announcement on the building website.  I can post photos to this blog. So I did that, and then edited it.  The only problem is that what fits well on a computer screen does not necessarily do well for a photo.  The old Canon editing system would crop to exactly where you wanted it, but there is some dispute these days that made that cease functioning.  The best I could do is what you see below:


It has all the graphics of the onscreen version, but does not fit the standard photo size.   Perhaps when they get around to making some kind of promotional material I can get a good shot of it to post here.  Meanwhile, this has all the relevant information- dates (October 12th to November 16th) time of the reception (Thursday, Oct 12, 6 to 8 pm), names of artists.  No address given, but all that stuff is on the website this image came from.  I have no idea where that geometric graphics came from, not seeming to be related to any of the work in the show. 

I decided to take a ride up there around noon, to see if any help was needed in hanging the show, as well as making sure we had a hanging system.  The website promotion listed twelve artists, and the most recent email from Joe said that he had received artwork from two artists (including mine), had heard from a third, and hoped that the rest would be showing up on Wednesday to hang their work.  There was some art on the walls, including mine, but some empty walls as well, and nothing in the room where my work had been stored.   So nothing for me to do today.

When I first arrived I noticed a red tag on my room's hook, and I hadn't put it there.  Could it be?  After seeing things upstairs, I went down to my space and could hear sound through the closed door.  I let myself in and found Molly there, working on some of her product.  I think the last time I saw her was at the opening of the previous Tenants show, more than a year ago.  So we had a conversation about teaching, work in general, art, building stuff, swimming, music, and health.  As we talked she continued making the first color of images (screen printed) on some towels, which she sees as her entry back to art making, the easiest since the screens are already made, and she has a supply of blank pieces of cloth that will become towels. She won't be part of the current show upstairs, but planned to look at it today.

I went back to the first floor on my way out of the building, and saw my pieces again.  Got the camera from my car in the from lot and came back to take a photo of my hanging pieces.  



These are on the wall shown previously, on the right side of the wall.  They look good, and very readable from that height and distance.  There are no individual labels for each work, but I don't know if there ever will be.  At least mine have titles on them, as is standard in designating and signing prints.

As for the artist statement, still no request for one yet, so I haven't done it yet.  My plan was to send it attached to a reply to her request, but if it doesn't come soon, I may just write and send her something on my own.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home