Thursday, November 02, 2023

Blood Draw part 13

Got up to the Studio in the late morning, with plans to work on the latest block.  Molly had been in (could tell from the things she worked on) but wasn't there at the time, so I could listen to whatever kind of music I wanted.  Brought the jazz/blues set of discs with me, and from this selected Marc Ribot Y Los Cubanos Postizos (Prosthetic Cubans) self titled album.  I have some things that would go very well with it for either Ribot or the latin nature, but I don't have those today, so when that ran out, I put on the soundtrack for the movie Naked Lunch, featuring Ornette Coleman and the London Philharmonic, which is not the same in any way, but feels like it goes with it as well as anything I had with me today.  I wrote about both in the same posting back in November of 2022.

As for working, did that, too.  Cut more of my most recent block today, concentrating on another area- with one of my arms, and the nurse's hand and shoulder.  There is a lot of line and gray tomes in these items, so a certain amount of drawing with the tools happened.   No problem with that, but I won't really know the results until the first time I ink it up.  Results of today's work can be seen below:


On the way out I dropped by the office.  I found out that recent events have gone well, even though I had nothing to do with the running event or the trunk or treat.  The one thing I do have a connection to, the art show on the walls of the 1st floor, doesn't get many outside visitors (the locked doors are an issue) but some people have come by, and there are always the people who come to the building for other things, and I was told that at least one of those visitors was fascinated by my works and if there is a difference between woodcut and linoleum (in materials, yes, in effect, no).  Before I left, Kaitlyn mentioned that she had been to Colorest (art supply store in Shrewsbury) and acquired some vintage print paper- the labels seems to indicate that it may be more than 50 years old.  Where they found it we don't know.  I'd be hesitant to buy ink that old, but paper should be okay as long as it doesn't get wet.  She bought it and we'll see how it does.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home