Thursday, November 16, 2023

Tenants III Opening Reception part 2



 Today is the 16th, which is the last scheduled day of the current art show for the Tenants at the Jersey Shore Arts Center.  When I had noticed the large number of Christmas wreathes and Christmas trees around the building, I asked if there was a plan to end the current show early to make room for the holiday decorations and was told no, in fact we may be asked to keep the show up longer to have things up on the wall for people coming to see, and we'd be getting an email about it soon.  I was fine with that, but looked forward to getting something official saying this.  However, no mail came, so I decided it would be a good idea to take a ride up there today and see what was going on.

Came in the main door in the front, on the first floor, and saw Andrew up there.  He agreed this was something I should know about, but didn't know anything himself.  I saw my work was still up on the wall, not blocked by trees.  I went down to the basement and to the office.  Jeanne had a meeting going on (she has more meetings than any other director I have ever seen there) so I had to wait a little while.  Kaitlyn came out after a while, but she didn't know anything either, though she did mention something about an open studio, but that was news to me.  Eventually Jeanne was available.  She confirmed that she wanted to keep our works up longer, if we permitted.  Fine by me, as anything not up on a wall I have to figure out how and where to store it.  She promised an email today with all the details.   Meanwhile, the Christmas decorations would all be put up, between our works.  No idea how that will work, but it's not my problem to deal with.  So I left and went home to have lunch.

As I write this, still not email from our program director, so I know nothing more than I wrote about, including when this current show ends.  When I learn something, I'll post it here.

UPDATE- That email finally came in.  What we were all told is that, with permission from all the artists, the work will remain up until the next show goes up, which is probably some time in February or March.  This means that the art will be on the walls for the upcoming Holiday Art Market and the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony, both things that will be advertised, and I think will take place in November.  Of course, I figure all this depends on what happens with the Christmas decorating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home