Friday, January 09, 2009

Boardwalk Wheel Game part 34


The forecasts for tomorrow are for the first measurable snow of the season around here (and much more up north), some time during the afternoon. If it arrives early enough, it could keep me from getting into the Studio tomorrow. Since I want to show the finished print at Monday's group, I decided to put in a some coloring on my way home from my errands in Central Jersey.

Today I added in some cool colors. I put the light blue color in parts of the sky (which also includes a fade to yellow, a common device in classic Japanese prints), parts of the wheel and game board, the 25 cent sign, and some prizes. I mixed up some of the light turquoise color and put it in all the places it appeared in the first proof. A little light purple wash cooled and darkened the boardwalk. I was only there for about an hour, but when you have a plan to follow, things can go quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home