Tuesday, February 05, 2019

The Circus part 6


Went up to the Studio in the afternoon to get a few things done.  One was to take some photos of an old pizza menu, a follow-up to a phone conversation I had last night.  Another was to get any updates regarding the upcoming print show.  Yet another was to pick up some bulky items and move them to my car for class later this week, on what may be the last non-rainy day this week (if forecasts are correct).  And all that got done.

But what I really wanted to do was get some cutting in on my new block.  Might still try to refine a little bit of the drawing here and there, but there are plenty of parts that I'm relatively satisfied with, and I just feel like getting started on the process.


I didn't get too far.  Next time I need to bring a non-skid mat to put down.  However I did outline around the whole print area, a classic starting point for me, though I will likely widen that margin a little later when I have a knife blade with me.  I also started on the sky over and around the Circus sign on the roof.  Discovered a small wood knot under the surface, right next to the head of one of the figures in the ring of clowns around the sign.  I believe I cut away enough that the area will be able to print, but I really won't know until I'm inking it up.  Lots more to cut before that happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home